Criteria for Admission & Credit Evaluation Policy for Massage Therapy Students
Steps for Admission Requirements
- Inquiring applicants are scheduled to visit the school.
- Inquiring applicants must have a personal interview with an admission representative.
- While visiting the school, applicant receives a tour of the campus, completes an application & admissions representative explains the steps for enrollment requirements, receives an overview of the programs for which student is qualified.
- Inquiring applicant is scheduled for entrance examination.
- Upon making formal application to school, applicant will meet with financial aid officer to determine financial aide eligibility.
- Applicant attends program orientation prior to first day of lecture.
Applicants must be 18 years of age and must possess a high school diploma, or a General Education Development (GED) certificate, or a Home School certificate that is equivalent to a high school level diploma school and is recognized by the student’s home state. Applicants with foreign transcripts from international institutions must have their transcripts evaluated for equivalency to a U.S. high school diploma by a recognized evaluation service.
Should an applicant not possess a high school diploma or its equivalent, he or she is required to take a test to determine the students ability-to-benefit (A.T.B.) from the program. NOTE: Students admitted on the basis of ability-to-benefit and who first enroll in a program of study on or after July 1, 2012 will not be eligible for Title IV financial aid funding. Students who were enrolled in a Title IV financial aid eligible program prior to July 1, 2012 may establish financial aid eligibility under one of the previous ability-to-benefit student alternatives. Students qualifying for Title IV financial aid eligibility under one of the A.T.B. alternatives are requested to contact the school’s financial aid office.
All applicants eligible for enrollment must take a validated admissions test (Wonderlic Scholastic Level Exam) and a short-answer essay to determine their eligibility in their selected programs. If the prospective student does not satisfactorily complete the test on their first opportunity, a substantially different test may be administered the same day. An applicant must wait five calendar days prior to retaking the same entrance test.
Ability-to-Benefit applicants must achieve or exceed minimum scores in each sub-test area of the A.T.B. test within the massage therapy program. An applicant will be retested if the current score is not indicative of an examinee’s current knowledge and skills in accordance with the rules and regulations of the publisher of the test.
Acceptance By The School
Upon completion of the previously referenced items, the school reviews the application and informs the applicant of its decision in a timely manner. If the applicant is not accepted, all fees paid to the school are refunded within 30 days.
Applicants must be aware that a prospective student is ineligible for registration as a massage therapist if the student has been;
- Convicted of or entered a plea of nolo contendere, or guilty to, or received deferred adjudication to crimes or offenses involving prostitution or sexual offenses; or
- Convicted of a violation of the Texas Civil Status Act 4512K within the past five years.
Credit For Previous Education
If a student wishes to be granted credit for previous training they have completed, they must submit an official transcript to the Texas Department of State Health Services, Massage Therapy Licensing Division for evaluation. Upon written confirmation from the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, approval for coursework, and the written confirmation will be placed in the students file. If coursework is approved, this may result in the program length being shortened and the cost being reduced. All course-work to be evaluated must be submitted to the school at least two weeks in advance of the starting date of the program.
For more information about the Admissions requirements, call us at (713) 932-9333 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.