Massage Clinic will begin again on March 7, 2020
Call 713 932 9333 to schedule your time.
The clinic will be open from 9 am to 1 pm.
The Massage Therapy Program is designed to provide the students with clinical and administrative skills, which will enable them to complete the massage therapy program as well as apply for the Massage Therapy Examination required for registration as a massage therapist under the Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 455*. Graduates of the program are prepared for employment in private practice or positions with spas, salons, chiropractors, medical doctors, physical therapists, sports medicine, and wellness centers. License Number MS-0160.
Some of the classes the students complete in the Massage Therapy Program.
Hot Stone Massage
Students will learn the history of hot stone massage. The student will understand the benefits and contraindications of hot stone techniques, gain knowledge of the various types of stones used the placement of the stones on the body, and the proper sanitation and maintenance of the stones and heating equipment. The student will learn how to use stones in a clinical setting to enhance the therapeutic benefit for the client.
Students will learn through a combination of lecture, demonstration, and hands-on practice how to effectively massage without strain, how to breathe and move with correct body mechanics for each of the primary techniques of Swedish Massage including effleurage, petrissage, friction, vibration, tapotement, and joint mobilization. This classical form of massage forms the foundation upon which all other styles of massage are based.
- Be in good personal hygiene
- Not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Be responsible for their personal belongings
- Be in control of massage pressure and may ask for more or less pressure; and may end the massage session if uncomfortablecomplete health history and client in-take forms
Student and professional therapists will not:
- Diagnose illness or disease
- Tolerate any sexual behavior (session will be terminated if such behavior occurs)
- Perform massage if there are any contradications
- Perform massage if the client is under 18 years of age and without a parent
Massage Clinic Policies:
- 24 hour cancellation
- If late, your session will still end at the scheduled time and you may be charged for a full session
- Student therapists will be assigned randomly by the clinic coordinator
- The clinic coordinator and/or instructor may visit the massage room during the session