Next Day Class Starts August 1st, 2022
Next Evening Class Starts September 1st, 2022
Train for the Career you dreamed of….
Call 713 932 9333 today GET THE HELP YOU NEED TO MEET A GROWING DEMAND.
The Massage Therapy Program is designed to provide the students with clinical and administrative skills needed to become a professional Massage Therapist as well as apply for the Massage Therapy Examination required for licensure as a massage therapist under the Texas Occupations Code, Chapter 455*. Students learn massage based on Swedish theory and techniques. Throughout the program, the students will build on the Swedish massage foundation and learn various bodywork modalities. The students are taught a detailed understanding of the human body that allows them to communicate with other healthcare professionals and develop complete treatment programs for their clients. Graduates of the program are prepared for employment in private practice or positions with spas, salons, chiropractors, medical doctors, physical therapists, sports medicine, and wellness centers. This program exceeds the standards set by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation for licensing as a Massage Therapist.
The graduates will utilize the following workplace skills in a variety of medical settings:
- Demonstrate knowledge and practice of basic patient-care concepts.
- Demonstrate great communication skills and emotional resilience
- Provide massages to patients for a variety of lengths
- Use various massage techniques to manipulate muscles and soft tissue to treat chronic pain and injuries
- Explain various aspects of medical massage to patients
- Responsible behavior as a health care professional
- Knowledgeable on alternative treatments and enjoy collaborating with traditional medicine to reduce pain and promote healing in their patients.
MASSAGE THERAPY PROGRAM OUTLINE
Massage Therapy Day Program Information: The Day program is 30 weeks (7.5-months in length) and the classes are scheduled on Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Massage Therapy Evening Program Information: The Evening program is 45 weeks (11-months in length) and the classes are scheduled from Monday through Thursday from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Texas Health School is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education, COE, a national accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education
Texas Health School is approved and regulated by:
- Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation, Austin, Texas
- Texas Workforce Commission, Career Schools and Colleges, Austin, Texas
- Texas Veterans Commission, Veterans Education
Texas Health School:
- Is recognized by the United States Department of Education for participation in Federal Title IV Student Financial Assistance Programs (Federal Pell Grant, Federal Direct Student and Parent Loans)
- Is approved for training of veterans and other eligible persons under the provisions of Title 38, United States Code for approved programs by the Texas Workforce Commission including VA vocational rehabilitation programs
A copy of the school’s accreditation, licensure, and approvals are on file and available for review upon written request to the School Director.
Massage Therapist National Licensing Exam
To obtain a Texas massage therapist license, Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation requires a passing score on the Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEX) administered by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB).
Students completing the 715-hour Massage Therapy Program must pass the following examination to be licensed as a Massage Therapist in Texas:
For more information on the licensing examination by Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEX) – Federation for State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB) visit http://www.fsmtb.org or call 1-888-70-FSMTB or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are ready to enroll, you must first meet the following requirements
A high school diploma or GED
A Wonderlic Scholastic level exam score of 12
The ability to read and write in English
Career Information: Click Here